A Face Without Freckles,
Is Like A Night Without Stars

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Work and the Glory

OK, I gotta tell you, I honestly don't think I have sat down and read an Adult book since High School. I know how sad. I am just not a strong reader and let me tell you how many distractions I have in my life. I read a page or two and then have no idea what I just read so I get frustrated and quit.

Well, I have been reading with my kids and making sure they read so I felt like a hypocrite so I decided that I needed to show them that I also can sit down and read a book or two. So I borrowed The work and the glory from my dad. He has all the books. Let me tell you how hard it is too get into the book at first it is slow but now that I am into chapter 3 it is getting really good.

Taylor was in the ER with bronchitis, I got about 20 pages done. And Taylor was able to finish her book and she took her AR test and passed. So proud of her for all the books she has been reading this year. SO far she has read 4 books.

2 comments:

gray-gang said...

Fawn
These books are so great! You will love them and not want to put them down. I have learned so much about our church through those books and have gained a great love for Joseph Smith and for the sacrifice of our pioneers. Keep us updated on what think as you read them!

Family Misadventures said...

I liked those books! Once you get into them you can't put them down. Good luck!