A Face Without Freckles,
Is Like A Night Without Stars

Friday, October 3, 2008

Daxton First Day of Preschool




Well, It has finally come. I have only one kid home during the day. As many of you know 6 months ago Daxton talked as much as a 6 month old would. Yea it was nice and quiet in our home. Well not really but quiet for having four that would talk. Well for the last 9 months he has had a speech therapist coming once a week to our home and working with him. And teaching our family some techniques that we can do everyday to help him talk and talk better. And let me tell you I want them too know what an amazing job both woman did. But now he is moving on to a bigger program with Mesa Public Schools. He is attending a Special Ed Preschool that specializes in Speech and he also gets to interact with kids his own age three days a week. He now rides the Short-Bus, We love it he is so proud of his new bus, I think he loves that part of the school better than the actual school. He is so cute.

I gotta tell you as much as I joke around about the fact that I am so excited that I now only have one child at home with me, I was such a baby when I was leaving Dax at the school. When I got in the car I called Devin and just cried. I felt so horrible and he wasn't even upset or scared he seemed so excited(in Daxton's way) that he was going to go and play and learn. But, I felt horrible. My baby is only two years old, and I am leaving him at a school. Guess I need to realize this is for his own good and hopefully he will be talking normally sooner than later.

These pictures are of Daxton at his school with his new Teacher. Mrs. Linda

1 comment:

Family Misadventures said...

My 4-year-old has had the same struggles with speech (he made up his own language) and is also in a Special Ed program in Gilbert. He has learned so much and has come such a long way. Bottom line, there is hope!