A Face Without Freckles,
Is Like A Night Without Stars

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Daddy Daughter Dance




I gotta tell you, I am really enjoying being the Leader with Taylor's Jr. Girl Scout Troop in Florence. These past two years has really been fun. So this year we realized that we don't really see the Father's involved with girl scouts. Of course it is because they are always working. So this Saturday we had a Daddy Daughter Dance and we had a great turnout and I know that it wasn't what the Dad's were totally into but I think for the most part they enjoyed the evening with their daughters.

We started out the night with my Dad (who is a professional Country Western Dance Instructor) teaching the couples (LOL) the two step. And want too send a special thank you for coming all the way from Mesa to help these couple's dance. Really simple to start off with. Then he added some turns into it. Some got it and some didn't. But that's okay we really enjoyed watching everyone try and let me tell you. The girls always had a smile on their faces. They will remember this night for a very long time. Thanks dads for participating.

Then we ate a Mexican Potluck. All the girls brought something to share. We had plenty of food. Thanks for everyone pitching in we couldn't have done it without your help.

Then the girls got their dads back up there for two dances the "YMCA" and "Macarana" Gotta tell you that was the best part of the night when the dads were getting their grove on and coming out of their comfort zone. Thanks Devin, he isn't one to open up and show off his hips but we now have it on video to prove it. Love you babe.

Then the girls had their dads come up and recieve an award which the girls decided what their dads deserved. Since we had a set of twins in our troop he got two, lucky man. Most of the girls gave them the "Best Dad Award". Think they were too shy too think of anythingelse.

I am glad that the dad's were able to come down to their daughters level for one night and act imiture and bond with their girls. I know I really enjoyed it when my dad used to do that with me and my sisters.



1 comment:

Smith Family said...

That reminds me of Devin dancing in high schhol. I remember his car dance. Where he would wiggle around like he had no spine. I called it his jellyfish dance!