A Face Without Freckles,
Is Like A Night Without Stars

Monday, March 9, 2009

Calvin's Conservation Project
















Well, I am so glad it is over but yet so mad that we waiting till the last week to get it accomplished. Calvin has a big project for Scouts that he has to do once a year. And so far he has been able to do them the last/first two years. I want him to accomplish them they are great things for the boys to do. They aren't' required but are great learning tools for the boys. Plus great for the environment.

So, Saturday morning we woke up early and went over to a empty field next too Red Mountain Park, and got too work cleaning it up. I never realized how many people take their pets and walk that empty dessert. But people also dump their trash there too so it wasn't' too bad but definitely needed cleaned up.

Taylor had a friend stay the night, so she got the honor of helping us. I told her she could just come for the ride but she jumped right in with the rest of us and was a great help.

So between Taylor, Taylor's friend, Calvin, Tayton, Aeden and Mom we got a lot cleaned up.

Devin hadn't slept too well that night so I let him and Daxton sleep in. But about an hour into it I got a phone call, "Why didn't you wake me up." I really didn't think he would care that he missed it but guess he was. What a great guy I have. Not many men would be upset too miss picking up trash in the desert. But I think it was more just too spend family time together. Not the trash part LOL.

1 comment:

Julie said...

What an awesome thing to do together as a family. I'm way impressed--even if it was for a scouting award.