A Face Without Freckles,
Is Like A Night Without Stars

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Potty training

I just have to say three words, OH MY HE--!!!!!!!!!!!!

For you moms that are doing this at 18 months. You are either crazy or super moms. I am so beyond frustrated. I usually wait until they are ready. Let me tell you. I was alot younger when Taylor was two and listened to all the moms then that said you have to have your child potty trained by two years old. So I cussed screamed fought and did all the fun treats and nothing worked. It took her so long to get it. (she wasn't ready I know that now) So I knew that she didn't deserve that and I didn't need to push it on her. She eventually got it. And after months and months of pull ups it was so over YEAH. When it was time to potty train Calvin I said no way, I will wait until he is ready. And we talked about it and tried a few times. But since he was scared of everything, we patiently waited. And one day after he was 3, he told me mommy I need to go poop. I just about freaked and flew out of my skin. SO excited and two days later he was completely potty trained and very few accidents, With no pull ups. Then, Tayton, once again was 3 and one day was potty trained no pullups and very few accidents.

I knew that waiting and being patient was the key. Well, Boy number 4 isn't so ready. Since Daxton has a few areas that he is slower in, we knew that he wouldn't be ready as the boys were right after turning 3, Well, Daxton will go in the toilet and he is wanting to wear the older two boys underwear. So, I decided two days ago to start letting him wear the underwear around the house. He has had a few accidents. But for the most part I have been on top of everything and he is going in the toilet. He doesn't tell me that he needs to go but he at least (hopefully) is getting the repetition of going in the toilet and will hopefully soon get the consept and start doing it all on his own.

Well, the frustrating part. I talked to his preschool teacher before the break and she said that when we are ready to potty train him they will also help him and do it at school. So today I took him into school and gave them the run down and said that he has a protective underwear on. ( I found them at Walmart) They feel just like underwear and the boys alway thought they were underwear. But when you do in them they don't leak everywhere like underwear does. But you still have to wash them not throw them away. So they would still have to take him and at least try and go potty. Well, his assistant teacher just seemed anoyed that I would do that too them. And like she didn't want to help me out. I am not asking her to potty train him. But he can't miss two weeks of school and I need to get it in his head that humans go on the toilet. HAHAHA.

Well, everyone cross their fingers and pray for him so that he will get the consept and be that big boy he is so badly wanting too be. They crap that us MOMS have to deal with.

No comments: